GREETINGS FROM OUR FAMILY TO YOURS!
We believe that EVERY person is called by God to share HIS love…in word and deed. So that you can better understand who we are as a church, here are some of our key beliefs:
- THE BIBLE – We believe the Bible in its entirety is the Divinely Inspired Word of God and is the absolute authority for faith and practice (1 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:19-21)
- GOD – We believe in ONE God who has revealed Himself in three equal persons; Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe He is the Creator of all things and that He always was, is and will be.
- SIN – We believe that sin entered the world through the willful disobedience of Adam and Eve and has continued to every individual since by their willful disobedience (Romans 6:23)
- SALVATION – We believe that Christ (God in the flesh) died for our sins on the Cross; was buried and resurrected on the third day, according to the Scriptures. We believe this death and resurrection provides the only basis for our sins to be forgiven and for us to be justified (Saved) before God if we repent of our sins and trust in Him to forgive us. It is by Grace and through Faith as a gift, not of works. (Romans 5:1; Ephesians 2:8-9)
- THE CHURCH – We believe that a New Testament Church of the Lord Jesus Christ is a local body of baptized believers who are associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the Gospel (Acts 2:21-47)
- ORDINANCES OF THE CHURCH – We believe that Christ commanded His people (believers) to observe the Lord’s Supper and be obedient in the act of Baptism. We believe that Baptism through immersion in water, in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, is necessary to demonstrate our Faith in Him. The Lord’s Supper is an act of the church to remember Christ’s sacrifice for everyone. If you are a believer in our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, your are welcome to participate in this ordinance. (Acts 2:41; 1 Corinthians 10:16; 11:23-29)
We would consider it an honor to have you and your family come and worship with us! If you have any questions, please contact us and we will assist you in any way we can. You can also find us on the web at www.fbcchurchhill.net. If you would like to send us an email, that address is: firstname.lastname@example.org. On the website you will find weekly schedules, activities, monthly newsletters, etc. to guide you.