First Baptist in Church Hill began as a mission under the sponsorship of McPheeter’s Bend Baptist Church. FBC was organized on July 22, 1945. Thirty charter members elected W.H. Pangle as the first pastor. The first church property was purchased later in 1945 with the first service in the original church building held in February 1947. Ground breaking for the new sanctuary started in 1962, with the first service in the new building occurring in October 1963. In April 1984, the church purchased the adjacent Harper & Ladd property, renovating it into a fellowship/activities center. In 1990, construction on a new education wing began and was completed in 1991. In 1999 the church purchased the adjacent doctor’s office complex and renovated it into our current student center.
In October 2002 a sanctuary renovation project was begun, with the first service in the new sanctuary being held in June 2003.
In the Spring of 2012 a Welcome Center renovation and completion of construction of the third floor of our Education Wing was undertaken. This included additional restrooms, and elevator, new ground level entrance and welcome area, and fire code Sprinkler System throughout. This project was completed in December of 2012.